Friday 30 October 2009

Healing? I can do healing, me!

It seems that Miss Medicina has started a meme err... a post about healering. And while I was not technically "tagged" (except in the vaguest possible sense by Tam) I will not let this opportunity slip by without using it as an introduction.


What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer? *giggle* *grin* Kochi! My favourite Druid!

What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans) ... is the only character who ever healed anything. She successfully healed two normal Nexus and a normal Utgarde Keep.

What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why? One of them there HoTs, I think. Rejuvenation .. or possible Re-something else.

What healing spell do you use least for your class and why? Tranquility, because when everyone is taking damage I panic and don't remember I have it.

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why? A trick question, surely - this would require me actually knowing enough about the classes healing abilities. PLEASE do not make me heal again when I have a class that can tank perfectly fine? PLEASE?

What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why? See above. No really, I mean it.

In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you? *giggle* *laugh* Err... I desperately hope no raid ever needs me as a 25-healer. That would probably mean that Stranglethorn Vale has frozen over.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why? Any! Anyone who can heal beside me is good. Then they can keep the raid alive while I whimper in a corner about the end of the world and hearing the four horsemen on the cobbled streets of Dalaran.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why? Rogues! Because a bandage rogue is not really as brilliant as they make it out.

What is your worst habit as a healer? Panic. I thought healing was something I could handle. At the start, a reasonable spec and decent healing gear made it seem like I could. I'd prepare a few mouseover macroes, which made my usual tank setup work. I even used a decursing add-on to cover the non-health-related duties of a healer. HoT + HoT + Lifebloom works for a while - that is .. they work exactly until someone except the tank starts taking damage and I need to switch targets and then someone else also takes damage and then the tank takes more damage and then everyone and me and damage and fire and help! Does the sentence above instill the utter amount of PANIC that healing does to me? Probably not, but I really hope I don't have to heal again.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing? I really hate when players take unneccessary damage. Like - when DPS take damage. Or Non-Tanks in general. That should be outlawed and verboten!

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer? Health bars. Are they green? I am okay and sailing smoothly. Are they greyed out and fail-angels are about and people are screaming a lot? I think I did something wrong again.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class? People assume I can do it ...

What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Haste or Crit and why?
What healing class do you feel you understand least?
What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?

Now all the above questions I cannot properly answer. They are technical and would assume I understand healing. I think we have by now proven successfully that I cannot. I'll leave them in, in case someone else wants to copy all the questions off me, for some reason, instead of going back to the original source.

So what made me join in then?

Well ... because I am on the recieving end of rather a lot of heals. According to my in-game statistics, this is happening:

Total Damage Done: 1.313.703.010
Total Damage Recieved: 480.177.532
Total Healing Recieved: 453.413.484

Well.

It seems a total of

0,94426218176322335714783089851026

of my life I live on healers. Let me recount that: 94.4% of my presence in game is due to a healers timely intervention.

Out of my 1.3 Billion damage done 1.240.480.070 are attributed to some healer. Of my damage alone.

I cannot express how much I appreciate someone in a robe, bark or fullplate with a shield being there, making sure I am still alive at the end of the day. Well... or dead (that's the other 5.6%).

But at least they tried!

4 comments:

  1. lol. We healers appreciate someone who tries to keep the attention of anything alive and angry off us and the DPS too.

    Especially as a pally with no effective AoE, healing ONE person in a 5 man is easy. Healing 5 people because the DPS are aggro junkies or whatever is much more stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh i thought it was only me with the "panic" problem. I also tried out druid healing and found it way too stressful. I think I'll stick to pounding the baddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have heard that most druid healers stack haste over crit because HoTs dont crit... i dont have a druid and dont know for sure but you may want to look into that.

    as far as addons, people use grid, clique, healbot... i am sure there are others... you could try a few of them and see what you like best. I personally use grid and clique together with both my Shaman and my Priest and they work well for me - but that is my healing style.

    everyone panics when they first start healing. don't let it get you down, it gets easier and you learn that when it all goes to crap you heal the tank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go get some oh-shit-panic-buttons.

    they help alot.

    healing is not that hard, harder is to be concentrated staring at 25 squares all night long.

    Viel Glück dabei,
    teilzeit heiler mit 3 klassen

    ReplyDelete